Elkin is an up-and-coming town in the outdoor living community. Nestled in the foothills of the Allegheny Mountains, residents are just a short drive from several wonders to explore, including:
- Hiking and rock climbing at Stone Mountain State Park
- Hiking and rock climbing at Hanging Rock State Park
- Hiking and rock climbing at Pilot Mountain State Park
- Exploring the trails and waterfalls near the Blue Ridge Parkway
- Jogging and biking on the Elkin and Allegheny Railroad Trail
- Kayaking or floating on the Big Elkin Creek and Yadkin Rivers
- Exploring the Jonesville Greenway Trail
Even if you are not trudging deep into the forests and mountains in and around Elkin, residents can enjoy exploring the charming and walkable downtown area. Whether you are a serious adventurer or just like to stay active, you do not have time to nurse prolonged pain and discomfort related to a pinched nerve. If you have a pinched nerve, Beth EL Wellness and Chiropractic is here to help.
A pinched nerve occurs when the tissue, muscles, or bones near the nerve put unusual extra pressure on it. This pressure leads to pain, tingling, and numbness around the nerve, leading to carpal tunnel syndrome and sciatica among other issues. It could be caused by exercise overuse, athletic injury, poor posture at work and school, an automobile accident, a herniated disc, or some other unknown issue. Nevertheless, the tingling, numbness, discomfort, and pain can be discouraging as it lingers and prevents you from enjoying the activities you love.
Over-the-counter pain medication and anti-inflammatory drugs can provide temporary relief. When you seek chiropractic care for relief from the pain and discomfort of a pinched nerve, your chiropractor will work to correct the problem at its source. Chiropractic adjustments can help correct that which is out of place and putting pressure on the nerve. Your chiropractor can help you experience immediate relief while developing a plan to further improve your alignment with steps like:
- Gentle stretches to help improve mobility
- Heat and ice regiments
- Improving posture eat work or school
- An exercise plan that reduces the occurrence of overuse
- Nutrition and wellness advice that will help improve overall health
If you are struggling with pain and discomfort from a pinched nerve, contact Beth EL Wellness and Chiropractic. We are your trusted chiropractor in Surry County, helping people improve their lifestyles and wellness while enjoying all that our area has to offer.