If you are coping with an injury, illness, medical condition, or simply want to take proactive steps along your fitness journey, you may be contemplating chiropractic care. But… you have a lot of questions! Understandable - and smart. It is important to research your care, understand what treatment entails, and feel confident in your decision.
Answering Your Chiropractic Care FAQs
Q: What Is Chiropractic Care?
- Your chiropractic care provider will perform “adjustments” or ‘manipulation” of the joints, especially those of the spine. The goal is to correct alignment and encourage the body to heal itself.
Q: Can Chiropractic Care Help Me?
- Short answer: yes! Chiropractic care is used to treat a variety of conditions, from sports injuries and chronic back pain to asthma and allergies. It is regarded as one of, if not the, safest options as it is not invasive or reliant on prescription drugs. The experts at Beth El Wellness & Chiropractic can also provide nutritional guidance, lifestyle advice, corrective exercises, and other services designed to enhance your body’s ability to heal.
- Is It Safe?
- Chiropractic care is remarkably safe. As with any treatment, there are risks. The vast majority of people feel immediate relief after an adjustment; a small number feel mild stiffness, soreness, or achiness that typically resolves itself naturally within a day. And again, because you do not have to take OTC or prescription drugs, you eliminate many of the negative “side effects” of addressing your condition.
Chiropractic care is also safe for children and pregnant women.
- What Can I Expect?
- During an adjustment, your provider uses his/her hands or an instrument to manipulate your joints in order to restore or enhance functionality. The pressure they apply is carefully calculated and your individual needs (e.g. pregnancy, age, injury, etc.) are a critical part of the equation.
It’s not unusual to hear a popping noise - but don’t worry! It is just gas being released from between the joints. Most people feel no pain while others may experience very minor discomfort that passes quickly.
- How Do I Get Started?
- Contact the Beth El Wellness & Chiropractic team today. We are happy to answer any questions you have and schedule you for a visit. Chiropractic care can be an exceptionally effective solution; we will make sure it is the right for you.