Seeing a chiropractor during injury recovery can:
- Reduce Inflammation. It is advisable to seek medical treatment after an injury or accident to diagnose conditions that may be severe or even life-threatening. That said, x-rays will not detect “micro tears” in the muscles and ligaments. But these very tiny tears are a big reason why we wake up in more pain than we went to sleep with following an injury. Spinal manipulation encourages your body to release IL-6, a natural anti-inflammatory that helps heal damage.
- Improve/Restore Range of Motion. Range of motion refers to the movement around a particular body part or joint. In optimal conditions, our bodies are well-oiled machines, and all the joints, muscles, tendons, and ligatures fit together with precision. After an injury, they can be “pushed” or jerked out of place, resulting in limited range of motion. Chiropractic care can make sure all our components are working together properly again.
- Reduce Scar Tissue. After an injury, the body builds scar tissue internally, which is part of the healing process. However, as this occurs, we feel stiff, sore, and uncomfortable. With expert chiropractic care, this tissue is broken up and allowed to heal much faster.
- Relieve Pain. Given the benefits in terms of the reduction of inflammation, improvement of range of motion, and reduction of scar tissue, chiropractic care also relieves pain in those who have suffered an injury.
- Offer a Non-Drug Solution. Traditional medical approaches to injury focus on alleviating - or masking - pain with prescription drugs. As we are all too well aware, these are highly addictive, and it is far too easy to become dependent. This is an especially pressing concern for those who are in recovery from substance abuse issues, but it is a problem of which we all need to be aware. Chiropractic care does not require the use of these potentially dangerous medications. Instead, it works to address pain at its root and facilitate your body’s own healing process.
- Prompt Your Body to Heal Faster. From releasing natural anti-inflammatories to dealing with scar tissue, chiropractic care encourages the body to heal itself faster compared to someone who does not receive spinal adjustments and manipulations.
- Complement Traditional Medical Interventions. Chiropractic care and medical care are not mutually exclusive. In fact, when you integrate your treatment approach, you can take advantage of the rewards (e.g. faster healing times) while negating the risks (e.g. use of prescription drugs). There is no reason why you cannot use both disciplines in order to see the results you need. We recommend telling your doctor(s), physical therapists, and others that you are interested in or undergoing chiropractic care. When everyone is informed, we can work together as a team. Your team.
- Focus on Whole-Body Care. Unlike emergency medical care following an accident, chiropractic care focuses on the root of the issue rather than just treating the symptoms. This can benefit the entire body as well as addressing the specific needs that arise from your injury.
- Reduce the Risk of Future Injury. With more supple, healthy, and “elastic” muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments, you mitigate your risk of further injury. Of course, there is no way to prevent every injury, particularly when it comes to auto accidents and the like, but you can improve your odds of reducing the severity and shortening your recovery time.
- Improve Health/Wellbeing In the Long-Term. While you may visit a chiropractic care center to address issues you are having as the result of a specific injury, you will likely find that you enjoy other benefits as well. Chiropractic care has been shown to improve functioning in key systems, such as cardiovascular, respiratory, digestive, and immune.
- Encompass Other Health and Wellbeing Initiatives. In addition to spinal adjustments and manipulations, Beth El Wellness & Chiropractic offers a range of services designed to meet your individual health and wellness goals. From nutritional and lifestyle strategies to corrective exercises and health screening workshops, we are committed to helping you move along in your wellness journey.
If you are experiencing life after an injury, contact Beth El Wellness & Chiropractic. We can help you relieve pain, restore motion, and improve the overall health of your body. Ask us how we can assist you with the next steps towards recovery - and whatever you want and need to do next!